Thursday 24 October 2013

Winter hair

From about June to Spetember I had taken the plunge and had honey and caramel highlights put through my hair. Whilst I loved that it accentuated my slight tan (going from opaque to talcon powder white) it was expensive, time consuming and an ongoing battle with roots.

Here is my blonde-ish hair 

October rolled round and the weather suddenly plumetted. I bought my annual coat and felt that my hair needed a change. It had gotten long, quite dried out and very matted at the back which made me dread washing it. With the assistance of my friend Nic, who does my hair at a fraction of the cost of other Brighton based salons we took a 2 step action to completely revamp my look.
Step 1 - colour my hair back to a deep chocolate brown and style it to a more appropriate winter shape 
Step 2 - ombre the ends a much brighter blonde.

Here is my hair after step 1 - 
 

I was pretty happy with it - tons of people compliment my fringe! 
It feels better and whilst I had to straighten my fringe most days, it's a lot easier to handle! 

My hair after step 2 - 

The ombré took about an hr to do and my poor ends look a little dry but hey oh I did have bleach on it! 
I have been using Bumble and Bumbles mending masque which has left it silky soft - if your hair has been frazzled by bleach then I cannot recommend this enough.

I do have a bottle of Bleach London's rose coloured temporary dye that I want to try on the ends but I'm letting my hair breath after the trauma that it has been through.

If you're thinking about having ombré, 
I would say go for it. I like the fact that it's not my typical style and colour and it's much more fun than a bloc shade.

Love Mel x