Monday 21 October 2013

Review: Chanel sublimage eye cream


Recently, my eyes have been just a tad tired. This has become such an issue that even my boyfriend has noticed and that is never a good thing. Colleagues at work are saying 'late night last night?' or 'you're looking really tired'. Brilliant. Admittedly my skin care routine has been a little, ahem, lax lately and I certainly have not had enough sleep/water. With all of these in mind, the girls at the chanel counter offered me a sample of their most expensive eye cream to date - Chanel's sublimage crème yeux. At an eye-watering £125 a pot, I took a deep breath and decided to give it a go.

By any means I am not a penny pincher when it comes to beauty but lets be honest, £125 a pot is pretty darn hard hitting to my bank balance for an eye cream. So what makes this so special?
Well according to chanel this cream will improve firmness, radiance, skin tone and hydration. As well as that it will reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness revealing all of their femininity and radiance. This all sounded pretty darn magical and well at this second I am a desperate woman so I'll take anything. This is all done using their 'enriched vanilla planfolia' which to you and I is quite simply a vanilla orchid extract. This is apparently the be all and end all to the sublimage range, however, upon closer inspection it is pretty low down the list of ingredients so I am not 100% on how much it actually contains.


- sorry for the terrible quality of photo but hopefully you can see that its thick!



I used this cream day and night to increase my chances of a miracle happening. It is a really thick cream, which is something I would rather have as I always find that thinner creams just tend to sit on the top of my skin as it can be quite dry. It also is slightly fragranced, probably from the vanilla but still smells like a generic eye cream. It feels really nice when you put it on, very cold and tingly which is an eye cream essential for me! Another essential is that it doesn't irritate my eyes; make them itchy, watery or red! This hasn't done it yet although when it first goes on my eyes feel like they want to close but that's probably my body going into shock that I'm using an eye cream.
All in all, the ingredients do not look anything particularly fancy or technologically advanced and the cream itself is nothing to write home about but as the saying goes 'the proof is in the pudding' and in a months time when I'll post an after photo it may just be my new favourite product!


Here is the before - hopefully that will all be one shade after a little longer of using it.



Love mel x