Tuesday 22 October 2013

Review: O.P.I original nail envy




As a child, I bit my nails. We're not talking nibbles and a bit of growth here and there but a proper bite down to the cuticle and never letting them get bigger than half a centimeter. I know, disgusting! It is through this self destructive behaviour that I have now found myself with much weaker, shorter and more difficult nails. 
I stopped biting them, eventually, however whenever I grow them past a certain point they split. When I push down on the nails the pressure causes it to completely bend and as a result I cannot seem to grow them very well at all!! It's almost like as soon as they start to get to an acceptable length they want to come off. The edges split and the new growth just tears off!

The problem is, I am a complete nail polish addict and this is a nightmare when in actual fact your nails arn't really long enough to paint and for ages I have desperately sought something to help.
It is with this quest that I stumbled across  the O.P.I. Nail envy. I have been told it's the stuff that only my dreams are made of! Basically you add two coats at the beginning and every other day you apply another coat and as a result this should help your natural nail to grow and strengthen. In an essence, this product acts as extra strength layers so that the nail can develop without fear of it splitting.



So far there are two things that I love about this product! 

1) the coat itself is extremely shiny and when on the nails it makes them look much healthier to the naked eye.
2) the nail brush stretches wide so that the one coat can cover my whole nail! 

So far this has been great and I am only about a week in. Instantly, I couldn't believe that my nails felt stronger and looked great too. Now when I push down on the nail it doesn't bend so easily and actually pops back up and if that is in a week, imagine the possibilities in a month! 
I have complete faith that this will help strengthen my nails.

Ladies, if you want stronger nails then look no further as this is honestly the answer to my prayers! 

Love Mel x