Sunday 27 October 2013

Review: Smashbox Fade collection palette




In the store that I work in, Smashbox is right next to my counter, which makes it impossible to ignore new items. This time they have an amazing fade to black range featuring 2 eye palettes, 2 lipsticks and 2 smudge eyelines. They're not the usual colours of winter (reds and smokey brown) but deep purple, cherry and khaki! 

Not many customers that I speak to have heard of Smashbox as it's a relatively newer brand to come to Boots but I have been won over by the consistently lovely products that I have tried. Their fig lipstick is one my all time favourites; a wonderful shade of purple/pink. Stemming from the Estée Lauder group, it has a solid background and relationship with brands such as Mac and Bobbi Brown. If you haven't tried anything from Smashbox before, I seriously recommend that you get yourself down to your nearest stockist to try something! 

I caved and bought the purple palette  after having stared longingly at it for what felt like months! In all honesty, it was probably a week or two but after having one of the lovely counter girls sample it on me, I was a woman posessed. The mix of pink, silver, purple and black makes a daring eye which I solidly appreciate in the winter as it makes me feel more cosy. 







The palette - the box is quite difficult to open but that means it's safer in my bag.
The smaller brush is perfect for blending if you use your fingers to add and then the small brush to ease the darkness! 





Eyes - smashbox fade out palette, Benefit They're real mascara
Complexion - Dior cc primer, Dior BB cream, Chanel beige powder, natural collection blusher - pink cloud, Bobbi brown concealer.
Lips - Chanel lipstick in romantic

I'm really happy with this palette, it's a little more daring than what I usually go for as the colours are significantly darker but it's fun to play around! 

Lots of love, Mel x